Now you can cross check Aadhaar card usage history while sitting at home or from anywhere by your one click. It means you can verify where all your Aadhaar has been used in the last six months.
Aadhaar is now one of the significant identity for all of us. As per news report, several cases of Aadhaar data misuse have been found recently. Last month, a racket was busted where scammers were letting people access the Aadhaar database illegally for just Rs. 500.
Why to check Aadhaar card usage history and why it is so important?
Now its really become vital that you take utmost care about how your card is being used and if at any point of time you get to know that someone is tried to hack your Aadhar authentication history or any instance of misuse, then immediately you can lodge a complaint against him without delay for a second.
As UIDAI says on its website, “This feature can be used to view Authentication details. Fetch your Aadhaar authentication history (Notifications) data.” Now there’s a way to do it while sitting at home. But to avail of this facility online you are required to have your registered mobile number handy.
What can you do with this UIDAI facility?
UIDAI offers you an option to check all the places your Aadhaar has been used in the last six months. If you find any instance of misuse, you can lodge a complaint. To use this facility, you must have access to your registered mobile number.
Step by step guide to check Aadhaar card usage history
- Visit UIDAIs Aadhaar Authentication History page.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code appearing on the screen.
- Now Click on the link ‘Generate OTP’. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- The page that will open will ask for the following information-Authentication Type; Select Date Range; Number of Records; and OTP.
Now choose ‘All’ as an option in the drop-down menu of the page that opens.
- The ‘Authentication Type’ is a drop-down that will have options including Demographic, Biometric, All, Demographic & Biometric, Demographic & OTP and Biometric & OTP.
- Choose the option ‘All’ here.
- In the ‘Select Date Range’, choose the option given on the page.
- Click on ‘Submit’ after choosing the number of months, you can select maximum up to six months.
- Now fill in the ‘Number of Records’, you can request for maximum up to 50 records.
- After this enter the OTP for authentication and click on submit.
- Now you can view the history of wherever you used your Aadhaar card for the last 6 months.
So now get ready to cross-check your Aadhar personal data misuse. In case you find any misuse of your Aadhaar information, you can complain about the same to UIDAI by calling on 1945.