Th biggest concern to many is that Masturbation effect on health. This is the most private aspect of sex is what we do with ourselves when we’re alone. Many people feel vaguely ashamed of the act of masturbation. Just like sexual intercourse, masturbation is an act that is considered natural and, for a lot of men out there, essential to their lives.
What is Masturbation?
Masturbation is self-stimulating your genitals in a sexual way to the point of reaching an orgasm or a way of exploring your own sexual self and is a completely natural activity. It is also, therapeutic to an extent that the pleasure one experiences from masturbating relieves stress, anxiety and elevates one’s mood instantly.
People masturbate for many reasons. These include pleasure, enjoyment, fun, and tension release. Some individuals masturbate alone, while others masturbate with a partner.
Masturbation effect on health -Myths and several facts
What are few Masturbation myths?
There are many myths about masturbation. Most claims about masturbation are not backed up by science. There is often no scientific evidence to show that masturbation causes any of the adverse effects suggested.
Masturbation will not cause – blindness, hairy palms, impotence later in life, erectile dysfunction, penis shrinkage, penis curvature, low sperm count, infertility, mental illness, physical weakness.
Some couples worry that their relationship must be unsatisfying if either one of them masturbates this, too, is a myth. Some people think masturbation is bad for moral reasons, however, that is a personal choice.
Most men and women continue to masturbate either alone or together when they are in a relationship or married, and many find it an enjoyable part of their relationship.
Many experts agree that there is no direct relation between masturbation and fertility problems. While masturbation on its own doesn’t cause problems, your attitude toward it could make a difference.
Is it healthy to Masturbate daily for a man?
There is no right answer to this question. Masturbating daily can be normal for some men, whereas for others it can be excessive. As long as masturbating does not affect your overall energy levels, and does not encroach on your daily life and activities, you should be fine.
Though, few sex experts consider masturbating daily to be excessive. Masturbating daily can lead to weakness, fatigue, early ejaculation and may inhibit sexual activities with your partner.
On the other hand, missing out on regular orgasms increases stress levels and can add to mental health issues, frustration, and unhappiness in general. Masturbating aids stress release and helps to stabilize your mood, making you happier and healthier.
How Will Compulsive Masturbation effect on the health of yours?
Compulsive masturbation is like any behavior that disrupts your life and can impact a man adversely. Although a guy masturbating for 5 times a day may feel productive, others might feel just the opposite. Means whether its compulsively surfing internet every other minute or whatever.
But if you can’t keep a balance between living a responsible life and satisfying your personal desires and pleasures, then your relationship, work, finance, self-esteem, and social support will be negatively affected.
How many times in a week is masturbation considered normal for a man?
Again, there is no right answer to this question as the frequency per week can vary from man to man based on his general health conditions. There are men who masturbate two to three times a day, or five times a week, or even once a week.
So it’s important to understand the nature of your body and mind to determine how many times a week masturbating is healthy for you.
To answer the popular question of “how much masturbation, or masturbating how many times a day is fine”, medical scientists are of the opinion that men shouldn’t masturbate more than three or four times in a week. Over masturbation can lead to several complications, driving the body to act in a particular fashion.
Sexual drive is natural, however, an excess of anything is harmful. Therefore, rather than increasing the frequency of masturbation you can consider diverting your energy to things such as sports, or any other hobbies. This ensures that you live a balanced, healthy and happy life.
Can masturbation affect your sperm count?
Masturbation does not affect the number of sperms you produce, as sperms are continuously produced in the bodies of men. Healthy men make between 3-5 million sperm an hour on average.
Studies in healthy men show that on average semen volume is 70% higher and sperm count is 50% higher when men ejaculate every other day instead of every day. Masturbation is generally safe. However, if it is done excessively and aggressively then it can be harmful.
Does masturbation cause a loss of interest in sexual sensitivity?
Masturbation effect on health sensitivity during sex for men because of their technique. Men who masturbate too much will soon realize a decreased interest in sex. Masturbation affects testosterone levels in the body.
As per the study it has found that too tight of a grip on a penis during masturbation can decrease sensation. Sexual health experts recommend changing your technique during masturbation to restore sensitivity levels during sex.
Can masturbation substitute sex for men?
- If the partner’s sex drive is lower than yours then masturbation is an option.
- If the partner is sick.
- If you are traveling alone and your partner is not with you.
- If your partner is pregnant.
- If you don’t have any partner
Can masturbation make your weight loss or thin?
Masturbation does not make you thin. However, excessive masturbation can make you lose a little weight, as technically, it is like any exercise you perform with your genital orgasms.
What are the side or ill Masturbation effect on health?
Too much masturbation may lead to hormonal changes within the body. The level of these changes totally depends on the number of times one indulges in masturbating.
- Fatigue and tiredness: This is one of the most common side effects of excess masturbation. Excess masturbation will tear you down, and it will absorb your energy. The person involved in frequent masturbation is very much likely to feel tired and lazy most of the time in a day.
- Addiction: Masturbating might become an addiction if done too much. If you masturbate a lot in a short period of time, it could cause soreness in the genital area. Many people are struggling with over masturbation and pornography addiction.
- Bruises: If you indulge in heavy and rough masturbation, you may be left with bruises or cuts. If your body feels sore after a session of masturbation, you need to ease off a bit.
- Erectile dysfunction: There are many causes of erectile dysfunction, and one of them is excess masturbation. Everyone dreams of having a solid erection, but they are not able to experience it. Excess masturbation weakens your penis, which leads to a soft and weak erection.
- Penile fracture: Frequent or rough masturbation can cause minor skin irritation. Forcefully bending an erect penis can rupture the chambers that fill with blood, a rare but gruesome condition called penile fracture.
- Pains: Men who are involved in excess masturbation are likely to go through pain in various parts of their body, such as lower back, pelvic region, groin, and testicular pains.
- Neurological issues: Several studies have indicated that over masturbation can cause severe neurological problems in men. Because of the release of excessive dopamine in the brain, over masturbation causes memory loss. Over time, the effects on memory will be more pronounced.
- Blurry vision: The hormonal imbalance due to excess masturbation can lead to problems with vision too. Some of the common impacts of excess masturbating in your eyes are a fuzzy vision, eye floaters, and blur vision.
- Hair Loss: Excessive masturbation causes hair loss in men. So, if you masturbate more than 6-7 times a week and see yourself losing hair, well, you shouldn’t be surprised. Masturbation leads to ejection of seminal fluid which leads to protein deficiency responsible for hair growth. Also, the testosterone gets converted to DHT which inhibits hair loss.
- Premature ejaculation: Men masturbating too much would find it extremely difficult to control the release of sperms. And overstimulation of penile nerve is held responsible for this problem. Also, too much masturbation can seriously affect your sex life, for it dampens the pleasure substantially.
- Aging: Men who masturbate more than six to seven times a week tend to age faster, a new study says. This is mainly related to a drop in testosterone levels.
What about physical benefits regarding masturbation?
- Masturbation helps to boost the immune system through the reduction of cortisol, a hormone that has been associated with numerous adverse effects in the human body.
- Researchers found that men masturbated to orgasm as evidenced by an overall increase in leukocytes and natural killer cells, compared to the guys who had not orgasmed.
- Masturbation also helps to provide a significant improvement in a man’s mood, following ejaculation, due to the release of oxytocin and dopamine, amongst other chemicals in the brain.
- It helps your sex last longer, improves sperm motility, prevents sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancy.
- Some evidence has also suggested that men can reduce their risk of developing cancer by frequently ejaculating, this accounts for ejaculation through both sexual intercourse and masturbation, however.
- Also, Scientists tracked that those men who reported the greatest number of orgasms had a 50% lower risk of death than the men who orgasms least often. The strongest link between orgasm frequency and lower death risk occurred when considering deaths caused by coronary heart disease, suggesting that orgasm may be good for your heart.
How Masturbation protects against prostate cancer?
Some research suggests that regular ejaculation may lower your risk for prostate cancer, though doctors aren’t exactly sure why. A 2015 study found the risk of prostate cancer decreased by about 20 percent in men who ejaculated at least 21 times a month. There is no evidence, though, that ejaculating regularly protects against advanced prostate cancer.
Why did some people feel guilty about masturbation?
Some people who worry that masturbation conflicts with their religious, spiritual, or cultural beliefs may experience feelings of guilt. However, masturbation is not immoral or wrong, and self-pleasure is not shameful.
Discussing feelings of guilt with a friend, healthcare professional, or therapist that specializes in sexual health might help a person to move past feelings of guilt or shame that they connect with masturbation.
How do you measure that you masturbating excessively?
You know you’re masturbating excessively when:
- It causes you significant distress
- You are masturbating multiple times per day to escape from stress or realities of day to day life
- You regularly injure yourself by rubbing aggressively
- You hardly have time for your friends or family as you are too busy pleasuring yourself
- You constantly feel lustful and fight the urge to pleasure yourself
- Pain in your genitals
What is the treatment of excessive masturbation?
- Counseling with a sex therapist is highly beneficial.
- Indulge yourself in other activities like cultivating a hobby or sport.
- Exercise and meditation will bring peace of mind and help in maintaining protein and DHT level.
- Socialising or interacting with others as it takes your mind off masturbation for some time.
- Take a break from regular sex and masturbation.
The first and foremost thing that should be pointed out in this post is the fact that it does not intend to lobby around the anti-masturbation behavior and this is not done for religious reasons.
It is important for men to realize myth from reality when it comes masturbation, and to realize that they can enjoy this particular activity without feeling guilty, ashamed or fear to risk their mental or physical wellbeing. Masturbation is a natural act that millions of men perform on a regular basis.
In this post, I shared the facts on what is the myth and what is the reality, and we also looked at both the pros and cons that masturbation really has in store for men.